The family of a Lower Hutt insurance underwriter who died from a overdose had no idea she was a drug user prior to her death.
In his findings into the death of 39-year-old Lisa McMillan in January 2010, Coroner Ian Smith says her family and friends were unaware she took drugs before she was found dead in her Fairfield flat from a methamphetamine overdose.
Ms McMillan's colleagues at insurance firm AXA had contacted her brother after becoming worried when she failed to turn up to work.
He found her in the bedroom of the flat she shared with her fiancee who was working in Tauranga at the time of her death.
Toxicology tests showed she had 0.24 milligrams of methamphetamine, or P, per litre of blood in her system.Pathologist Dr John Rutherford's post-mortem report said the drug was capable of raising blood pressure leading to a brain haemorrhage.
Do you feel sorry for Peter Dunne?Vote
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo! New Zealand
All rights reserved.
Select your region to see news and weather for your area.