There are reports that 12 students from a Christchurch school have been hospitalised after ingesting an unknown pill or substance.
12 students have been taken to hospital with "sore tummies" after prescription medicines were found nearby, according to RadioLive and 3News.
"None are in a serious condition, however some are complaining of stomach pains, so all of them need to be assessed and receive further treatment at hospital," St John spokesman Ian Henderson has told Fairfax.
Police say this is a precautionary measure.
The students are from Northcote school in Redwood, Christchurch.More to come shortly.
Would you intervene in a life-threatening crisis?Vote
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo! New Zealand
All rights reserved.
Select your region to see news and weather for your area.