NEW LOOK PROPOSED FOR CHRISTCHURCH CBD
- an Avon River precinct developed in partnership with Ngai Tahu
- a revamped city square with a larger central library in the heart of the CBD.
- apartments along the eastern green space
- a justice precinct - including emergency services, Civil Defence and courts
- an arts precinct, with a new home for the Court Theatre and symphony orchestra, on Armagh Street
- a 35,000-seat stadium to the east of the CBD
- an indoor sport and aquatic centre adjacent to Hagley Park
- a convention centre, including two hotels and retail centre, over Gloucester Street.
- most buildings will be limited to 28-metres in height, or about seven storeys
- the convention centre and two hotels are expected to be built up to about 15 storeys.