- Governor General issues formal direction to the Electoral Commission to hold the election.
- Electoral Rolls close for printing.
- Voters enrolled after this date cast special declaration votes.
- Candidate and party television and radio advertising may start.
Last day for registered political parties to bulk nominate their electoral candidates to the Electoral Commission.
Last day for political parties to submit list candidates to the Electoral Commission.
Last day for individual nominations to Returning Officers.
Advance voting starts for voters who are away from home or unable to get to a polling place on Election Day
Overseas voting starts download voting papers from www.elections.org.nz, vote by post or vote in person at overseas posts in many countries.
Information packs with EasyVote card sent to voters enrolled by 19 November.
- Deadline for election enrolment.
- Advance voting ends.
- All election and referendum advertising must end and signs must be taken down.
Polling places open between 9.00 am and 7.00 pm
Election Night - Preliminary results 7.00 pm and 11.30 pm
Declaration of official results for General Election and referendum (target 2.00 pm)
The party secretary may apply to a District Court Judge for a recount of party votes in a particular electorate within three working days of the official result for the electorate being declared.
- Last day for Return of Writ by Electoral Commission showing successful electorate candidates.
- Declaration of list members.
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo! New Zealand
All rights reserved.
Select your state to see news for your area.