Smelly, black smoke billowed from a chimney at a Christchurch crematorium after the cremation of a 230kg body went wrong. Nearby business owner Rod Stuart says the black smoke from the Sydenham Crematorium caused an unpleasant stench on Wednesday. The crematorium's owner John Guthrey came out to apologise to a group of people who had gathered on the street to watch.
Photo by SNPA Apr 30, 2012
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo! New Zealand
All rights reserved.
Select your region to see news and weather for your area.