A Wairarapa three-year-old who burned herself badly on Tuesday night was probably trying to light a candle of tribute to her recently deceased twin sister. Arna Hopkins, 3, received third degree burns to 50 per cent of her body and needed several hours of surgery to repair burns to her skin after her clothes caught fire in her home near Martinborough, 45km south of Masterton, on Tuesday. Arna's twin Mila, who was born with Down's syndrome, died a month ago after extensive treatment for heart surgery and lung disease.
Photo by SNPA Sep 10, 2012
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo! New Zealand
All rights reserved.
Select your region to see news and weather for your area.