A huge cordon has been thrown around an inner city suburb of Auckland as toxic smoke billows into the air. Fire has broken out at Lahood Window Furnishings in Mt Eden, and a number of fire engines and ambulances are at the scene A long stretch of Mt Eden Road is blocked off and people on the street are being advised to move away from the smoke because it's toxic.
Photo by Marcus Forbes Sep 17, 2012
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo! New Zealand
All rights reserved.
Select your region to see news and weather for your area.