Emergency call centre processes are being reviewed after an ambulance intended for a choking toddler at a Lower Hutt childcare centre was dispatched 700km away to a Southland home. The Childhood Concepts Early Learning Centre in Birch St, Lower Hutt, called an ambulance on Thursday morning after a two-year-old boy drank a bubble bath-type liquid and began choking.
Photo by SNPA Oct 10, 2012
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo! New Zealand
All rights reserved.
Select your region to see news and weather for your area.