Welcome to the sixth issue of Hump Day Reading, where I compile a small collection of links to letters, blog posts, articles, opinions, columns, videos, and pictures for your intellectual enjoyment.
Feedback is always welcome!
- Plenty from both the Republican and Democratic conventions, including an exceptional piece from the NY Times about the radicalisation of the Republican party as a whole.
- The reasonably liberal Talking Points Memo takes a look at Obama's backers.
- Although he may be the lesser of the two evils, Obama still makes for pretty shocking reading, wherever you look.
- Although the US is growing marginally Paul Krugman unveils just why it won't matter to those on the bottom end of the social scale.
- Victoria Law and a harrowing piece about racial and sexual profiling in court. I didn't buy the race angle at first, but it's terrifying when it hits you.
- Perhaps its a testament to my own liberalism, but this strikes me as being fair and reasonable.- And for something light and entirely unrelated Sammy Davis Jr. being awesome.
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo! New Zealand
All rights reserved.
Select your region to see news and weather for your area.