Welcome to the seventh issue of Hump Day Reading, where I compile a small collection of links to letters, blog posts, articles, opinions, columns, videos, and pictures for your intellectual enjoyment.
Feedback is always welcome!
- I'm sure I must have mentioned Laurie Penny around these parts before. Former New Statesman columnist, now a writer for The Independent, she is one of the finest young radical writers alive today - and I don't say that lightly. Read her deeply involving piece on the state of London today, seen from the Underground.
- Liberal paper The New Republic is carrying great analysis on US Democrats finally clarifying their position: Wall Street vs. Main Street?
- The Indy writes about what we all already knew: schools are blighters for reinforcing class and social immobility.
- A few pieces on drones, topical seeing as al-Qaeda's #2 was killed by one in Yemen, and the NZ police are considering 'employing' them. Understanding the moral dilemmas of drone use by Liberal governments, and Foreign Policy giving a basic rundown on the topic.
- Paul McGrath with a pretty reactionary piece about Atheism+, the merger between social, politically-correct liberalism, and Unbelief.- And finally, and most importantly, the exact reason why Mitt Romney should not be POTUS.
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo! New Zealand
All rights reserved.
Select your region to see news and weather for your area.