WORKPLACE ACCIDENT STATISTICS
- More than 100 people die from workplace accidents every year
- Between 700 and 1000 people die as a result of gradual work-related diseases
- More than 6000 people notify the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment of a serious harm incident in their workplace
- Around 190,000 people claim medical costs from ACC as a result of being harmed at work
- Of those, around 23,000 people are injured seriously enough to be off work for more than a week and 370 people are injured seriously enough to require hospital care and be diagnosed with a life-threatening condition.