Aussie stars' brutal jabs at Prince Harry: 'Too soon!'

·Lifestyle & Entertainment Producer
·3-min read

Prince Harry was the subject of a number of jokes on Monday night's episode of Have You Been Paying Attention? with the Duke's recent advert for his travel company Travalyst coming under fire.

The panel of comedians on the show included Ed Kavalee, Kitty Flanagan, Sam Pang, Aaron Chen and Anne Edmonds.

Prince Harry on Have You Been Paying Attention?
Aussie comedians on Have You Been Paying Attention made some brutal jokes about Prince Harry on Monday night. Photo: Ten

"Prince Harry is in a new ad. What's he advertising?" quizmaster Tom Gleisner asked the panel while sharing a still from the ad.

Ed was quick to jump in with his brutal answer, referencing Harry's late grandfather Prince Philip, "I think it's an eBay sell-off of Philip's stuff?"

RELATED

"That is too soon," Tom told the cameras as laughs were heard.

Kitty Flanagan then made a joke about the false rumours that Prince Charles isn't actually Harry's father, saying, "Is it Ancestry.com DNA testing?"

Have You Been Paying Attention panel
Ed Kavalee and Kitty Flanagan made some brutal jabs at Harry during the segment. Photo: Ten

Joking about his shocked look in the still, she added, "He's just got the results!"

Anne shared the correct answer that Harry was in the ad for Travalyst.

The ad featured Kiwi stars Rhys Darby, Rena Owen and Dave Fane as the first Travalyst initiative launched in New Zealand.

Travalyst is an eco-travel project where travellers are rated for how sustainable they are.

Harry asked to be left out of Jubilee event

Queen, Meghan and Prince Harry
A royal insider has revealed Prince Harry and Meghan Markle asked to be left out of a Platinum Jubilee event and insisted on attending another. Photo: Getty

It comes after Harry's friend and biographer Omid Scobie revealed he and Meghan Markle actually told the Queen they didn't want to be on the Buckingham Palace balcony at her Platinum Jubilee.

However, the pair did insist on attending Her Majesty's Thanksgiving Service.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will return for the four-day party to celebrate the Queen's 70 years on the throne, with the pair also bringing their children Archie, three, and Lilibet, 11 months.

While the Queen's ruling that only working royals could appear on the Buckingham Palace balcony on June 2, Harry and Meghan's friend and biographer Omid Scobie denied the pair was "cut".

"As is often the case, the reality is much less severe when you hear that Prince Harry had already spoken with his grandmother about the possibility of not attending Trooping the Colour long before last week's announcements," Omid wrote for Yahoo.

"I’m told by a source that the Duke of Sussex had actually expressed some time ago that he and Meghan were very keen to be a part of the Jubilee engagements, including the National Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral, but less so for the formal balcony moment, which was felt on both sides to be more appropriate for their lives prior to stepping back."

He added, "Drama is, of course, what often makes the story of the royal family so compelling to millions around the world. But, regardless of the insatiable appetite, there are times it needs to just be accepted when major spectacle or scandal isn't there."

Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.

Or if you have a story idea, email us at lifestyle.tips@yahooinc.com.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting