Chrissy Teigen, Anna Paquin and Debra Messing are among those who are boycotting Twitter today (13.10.17) in support of Rose McGowan.
The 44-year-old actress was blocked from the micro-blogging site after she accused Ben Affleck of lying about having knowledge of movie producer Harvey Weinstein's alleged sexual misconduct and told him to "f**k off", and several stars have now vowed to stay off the social networking site for 24 hours.
Anna wrote: "#IStandWithRose .@rosemcgowan and all the other victims. #WomenBoycottTwitter tomorrow.
"Also, any men who wish to show their support for .@rosemcgowan and all the other victims please join #WomenBoycottTwitter #boycotttwitter (sic)"
The 'True Blood' star also changed her Twitter profile picture to an image of the hashtag "#IStandWithRose" and her background picture to a message about the boycott.
It reads: "#WomenBoycottTwitter
Friday 13th October 2017
A day-long Twitter boycott in protest of women's voices being silenced. (sic)"
Chrissy - who is a regular tweeter - hinted she may even refrain from using Twitter ever again, and also hit out at US President Donald Trump in her sign-off tweets.
In a series of messages, she wrote: "Ladies. Let's do this. #WomenBoycottTwitter. Not because of hate but because I love this platform and know it can be better.
"Tomorrow. No secret timeline checking, no tweets, no clicking the bluebird square. They need to see we matter.
"I'm boycotting for many reasons. To stand with the victims of sexual assault, online threats and abuse. And...
"...to boycott the fact our demented, p***y grabbing president can tweet nuclear threats of war I can't even see.
"Tomorrow. And maybe even forever. #WomenBoycottTwitter (sic)"
Debra wrote: "I stand in solidarity with all women, and all victims of sexual harassment/assault. #WomenBoycottTwitter @Twitter I'm out. (sic)"
Several male stars also joined the boycott, including Hollywood actors Mark Ruffalo and Terry Crews.
Mark wrote: "Tomorrow I follow the Women. #WomenBoycottTwitter (sic)"
Terry - who recently claimed he was once molested by a Hollywood mogul in front of his wife - posted: "I stand with the women. No more tweets for me too.#WomenBoycottTwitter (sic)"
Rose revealed via her Instagram account that her Twitter had been blocked.
It was reinstated 12 hours later and the company released a statement saying her account had been "temporarily" locked because a tweet in which she included a private phone number violated their Terms of Service.
When Rose returned to Twitter she claimed Harvey had raped her, and accused Amazon executives of ignoring her claims about the alleged incident.
In tweets to Jeff Bezos, the founder and CEO of Amazon, the actress wrote: "I told the head of your studio that HW raped me. Over & over I said. He said it hadn't been proven. I said I was proof.
"I had already sold a script I wrote to your studio, it was in development. When I heard a Weinstein bailout was in the works I forcefully begged studio head to do the right thing. I was ignored. Deal was done. Amazon won a dirty Oscar.
"I called my attorney & sad I wanted to get my script back, but before I could, #2 @amazonstudios called me to say my show was dead.
"@jeffbezos I am calling on you to stop funding rapists, alleged pedos and sexual harassers. I love @amazon but there is rot in Hollywood. @jeffbezos Be the change you want to see in the world. Stand with truth. #ROSEARMY #Amazon. (sic)"
A spokesperson for the movie mogul - who has been sacked from The Weinstein Company and whose wife Georgina Chapman has left him following sexual harassment allegations - has previously said he "unequivocally denied" allegations of "non-consensual sex".