Harvey Weinstein is being moved to the infirmary at Rikers Island prison, after he was found guilty of third-degree rape and a first-degree criminal sex act last week.
The 67-year-old disgraced movie mogul was found guilty on two of the five charges he was facing in his trial in Manhattan, but was taken to Bellevue Hospital in New York following the verdict after he complained of chest pains.
Weinstein has been at the hospital since the verdict was given on February 24, but on Thursday (05.03.20) his publicist confirmed he is being moved to Rikers Island jail, where he will stay in the infirmary unit.
The decision to move the former Miramax boss comes as he underwent a heart procedure on Wednesday (04.03.20) during which doctors inserted a stent, according to spokesman Juda Engelmayer, who confirmed the news to Variety.
Meanwhile, it was previously claimed Weinstein would stay at Bellevue until his sentencing date on March 11.
Arthur Aidala, one of Weinstein's attorneys, said doctors have said the producer is "not ready to go to a non-medical facility".
He told Variety on Wednesday: "The treating doctors think that's where he should be - it's that simple.
"It's no secret he was under several doctors' care over the course of the last couple of months.
"The doctors at Bellevue, up until today, at least, have determined that he's not ready to go to a non-medical facility.
"It's totally up to the medical team to make that determination. Obviously, nobody wants anything to happen to Mr. Weinstein because of his health."
Weinstein was heading to Rikers Island jail on February 24 when he was rushed to hospital instead.
His attorney Donna Rotunno said at the time he had felt chest pains and had heart palpitations and high blood pressure on his way to the prison.
The producer was found guilty on the two counts by a jury in Manhattan, as part of his sexual assault trial which saw him face five charges, including two counts of predatory sexual assault, two counts of rape and one count of criminal sex act.
The jury - made up of seven men and five women - found Weinstein guilty of two charges on the fifth day of deliberations, following a lengthy trial that began in January.
Following the verdict, Weinstein's defence team said they will "absolutely be appealing".