The "Pharmaceutical Drug Delivery Market by Route of Administration and Application: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2019-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
According to this report the global pharmaceutical drug delivery system market was valued at $1 billion in 2018, and is expected to reach $2 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.7% from 2019 to 2026.
Pharmaceutical drug delivery methods enable the introduction of therapeutic agents into the body. These drugs are administered through various routes, and selection of a suitable route of administration is crucial to achieve higher bioavailability at the site of action. Therefore, drug delivery systems are employed to achieve high drug targeting specificity, low systemic drug toxicity, and improved drug absorption rates. Nasal drug delivery system, ocular drug delivery, pulmonary drug delivery, and oral drug delivery system are some of the routes, which are used for drug administration. In addition, these systems are used in treatment of various chronic conditions such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and respiratory diseases.
The major factor that contributes to the growth of the global pharmaceutical drug delivery market include surge in awareness related to use of pharmaceutical drug delivery systems. Furthermore, the growth of the market is driven by other factors such as rise in healthcare expenditure and surge in governmental support for research in the field of drug delivery. In addition, surge in The prevalence of various chronic diseases, which require the use of pharmaceutical drug delivery is another major factor that contributes toward the growth of the market. However, a rise in the number of drug recalls and drug failures restricts the growth of the global market. Conversely, high growth potential in developing economies is expected to offer lucrative opportunities during the forecast period.
The global pharmaceutical drug delivery market is segmented into route of administration, application, and region. On the basis of route of administration, it is categorized into oral drug delivery system, pulmonary drug delivery, ocular drug delivery systems, nasal drug delivery system, ocular drug delivery, topical drug delivery, and others. By application, it is segregated into cancer, diabetes, respiratory diseases, cardiovascular diseases, and others. Region wise, it is analyzed across North America (the U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, the UK, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
- This report entails a detailed quantitative analysis along with the current global pharmaceutical drug delivery systemmarket trends from 2019 to 2026 to identify the prevailing opportunities along with the strategic assessments.
- The market size and estimations are based on a comprehensive analysis of key developments in the industry.
- A qualitative analysis based on innovative products facilitates strategic business planning.
- The development strategies adopted by the key market players are enlisted to understand the competitive scenario of the market.
- By application, the others segment occupied three-fourths share of the global pharmaceutical drug delivery systemmarket in 2018.
- The oral drug delivery occupied one-third share of the global pharmaceutical drug delivery system market in 2018.
- The others segment in route of administration is expected to show fastest growth rate during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific is anticipated to grow at the highest rate during the analysis period, followed by LAMEA.
- Rise in The prevalence of chronic disorders which require the use of drug delivery systems
- Surge in healthcare expenditure worldwide
- A rise in the number of developments made by key players in drug delivery system market
- A rise in the number of drug recalls and drug failures
- High growth potential in developing economies
- Bayer AG
- Dickinson And Company
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Johnson & Johnson
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- Novartis AG
- 3M Company
- Pfizer Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/p9oskm
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900