A group of young Irishmen have revealed how they dudded security and snared $10,000 seats at UFC 229.
Students Sean Hehir, Hugh McMahon, Brian Grace and Daniel Forde managed to convince security to let them into VIP areas for Conor McGregor’s fight with Khabib Nurmagomedov last Sunday.
HITTING BACK: McGregor responds to trolls over embarrassing NFL fail
The 20 and 21-year-olds also managed to sneak backstage and take photos with celebrities and even UFC boss Dana White.
The lads posted evidence of their escapades on social media, later revealing how they hoodwinked security.
Sean said they walked up to a media sign-in desk prior to a pre-fight press conference and gave a random name and organisation, but that didn’t fly.
But after spotting a name on the media list, Sean and the boys came up with a new plan.
“We put on suits and we brought all the accessories we brought over like clipboards, earpieces and lanyards – loads of accessories to make it look professional,” Sean told The Irish Daily Star.
“I went straight up to the desk again and said the name James Brown with whatever company and then she was like ‘perfect James, here’s your media credentials.”
They then used the passes they got at the press conference to sneak in to watch the fight a week later.
Sean and Brian had official VIP tickets, and doctored some more for their friends.
“Basically for the day of the fight we had all these media credentials… They were just basically wristbands and we just kind of duplicated them essentially.
“They just kind of presumed everyone going in there would have a ticket and and wouldn’t have the neck to pull this off.
“UFC and the T Mobile Area really need to have a look at their security, literally all you need is a pair of balls, I’ve seen tighter security at a swimming pool.”
Mayweather responds to Khabib’s call-out
Floyd ‘Money’ Mayweather has responded to Khabib Nurmagomedov’s throw down to bring the 50-0 fighter out of retirement – and the result may surprise you.
Khabib defeated McGregor at UFC 229 in Las Vegas earlier this month to retain his belt and his perfect record (27-0).
As the dust continues to settle from the shocking scenes that unfolded, and continues to unfold, after the fight – Khabib is seemingly full steam ahead.
“Let’s go, Floyd, we have to fight now,” Khabib said in a video posted on Instagram.
“50-0 versus 27-0, two guys who have never, never lost. Let’s go. Why not?
“In the jungle, there is only one king. Of course, I am the king. He could not drop McGregor, but I dropped him easily. That’s right. Let’s go.”
Khabib’s bombshell request sent shockwaves through the fighting community, as many are still eagerly waiting for the full consequences of Khabib and McGregor’s run-in to surface.
But Mayweather added fuel to the fire by producing his own response on Instagram:
“CBS, Showtime and MGM Grand get the checkbook out!,” Mayweather wrote.
“Go to @leonardellerbe ‘s page to view Khabib Nurmagomedov challenging me.
“LET’S MAKE LAS VEGAS GREAT AGAIN!”