The mother of a man missing for nearly three weeks has made an emotional appeal for information, saying “we are broken”, as she revealed the alarm was raised when he failed to turn up to take his son to school.
Justin Henry, 34, was last seen in person at his partner’s address in Brixton, south London, on October 15 – and was reported missing a day later.
His family says his disappearance is “totally out of character” and that he always took his 11-year-old son in the school run but went missing.
Mr Henry was captured on CCTV buying food at a McDonalds drive-thru restaurant on London Road in Croydon at around 9.50pm on October 15.
Two men have been charged with murder but no body has been recovered.
His mother Helen said at a media appeal at New Scotland Yard said: “We are broken we don’t know what has happened to Justin, we are in pain. Please anyone who knows anything come forward.
"I don’t think I ever heard Justine raise his voice. He wouldn’t hurt anyone. He was a doting father. We knew something was around when he didn’t turn up to my place to take his son to school. It was very unusual so we contacted the police.”
Mr Henry was wearing a distinctive jewelled Rolex watch and Cartier bracelets when he went missing.
His mother added: “We think someone may recognise them, please come forward if you have seen these. Please help us.”
Detectives believe Mr Henry drove his Mercedes to a nearby address where it remained for two and a half hours.
The vehicle left the address but grainy CCTV seen by his family suggested he was not driving.
The car was later found in south-east London.
Detectives said Mr Henry has links to the SE23 area of London and they are trying to work out his movements between the last sighting of him and when he was reported missing.
However, police say they are at this stage looking for a body.
Detective Chief Inspector Matt Webb, of the Metropolitan Police’s Specialist Crime Command, said: “This is a murder inquiry. We are looking for a body. Please come forward with information if you know anything to help the family who are in pain.”
He added that the distinctive watch and jewellery could aid the investigation and that anyone who has seen or handled it should come forward.
He said previously: “I have assured his family that the search to find Mr Henry continues and I know they will be hoping that all may yet be well.
“However, based on all the available evidence, we have approached the CPS who have authorised a charge of murder.
“I want the public to understand that this charge does not mean the end of our appeal.
“We still need all the help the public can give and we still need anyone who has any information, no matter how small they think it is, to make contact and tell us what they know.
“This is not just a plea to help police. Mr Henry’s family are enduring a dreadful ordeal and they are desperate for news and are also seeking your help.”
Two men have been charged with murder over the disappearance of Mr Henry.
They are due to appear in custody at the Old Bailey on January 15. Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or on X, formerly Twitter, on @MetCC quoting Operation Ashgulf or CAD 5224/21Oct. Information can also to Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.