LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* A woman with COVID-19, who left lockdown in Victoria and travelled by road through NSW to Queensland, has put towns and other sites along her route on high alert. She left Victoria on June 1 and reached Queensland on June 5.
* The woman and her husband have since travelled to various locations, including the Sunshine Coast. She returned a positive test on Tuesday.
* It remains unclear why the pair left Victoria.
* As expected, the Victorian government will end Melbourne's two-week lockdown and further ease regional restrictions at 11.59pm on Thursday - but there will be no travel from Melbourne into the rest of the state over the Queen's Birthday long weekend.
* The Australian Medical Association has thrown its support behind linking vaccine certificates to greater freedoms in a bid to drive up jab rates.
* The NSW government's hospitality voucher scheme will be extended by an additional month to allow residents to use their full allocations.
* Victoria reported one new local COVID-19 case on Tuesday, linked to an existing outbreak.
* Australia's baseballers have given up trying to qualify for the Tokyo Olympics because of coronavirus complications, pulling out of their final qualifying tournament because of insurmountable travel and quarantine logistics.
* Rugby league's State Of Origin opener is being played on Wednesday night in Townsville, moved from the MCG because of Victoria's lockdown.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 5,344,862 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Wednesday, including 140,885 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 3,298,939 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of 79,108 in the previous 24 hours).
* 2,913,973 have been issued in primary care (+72,808) and 384,966 in aged and disability facilities (+6300).
* 2,045,923 have been administered by the states and territories, including 61,777 in the previous 24 hours.
* 697,903 have been administered in Victoria (+21,879), 530,486 in NSW (+16,074), 305,615 in Queensland (+11,078), 196,217 in Western Australia (+3349), 135,642 in South Australia (+4752), 80,538 in Tasmania (+2092), 58,313 in the ACT (+1283) and 41,209 in the NT (+1270).
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported nine new virus cases on Wednesday, including the one locally acquired case in Victoria and the case in Queensland.
* There were seven new overseas-acquired cases recorded in hotel quarantine: four in NSW, two in Queensland and one in South Australia.
* The national death toll is 910: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, SA 4, ACT 3 (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 174,001,158
* Deaths: at least 3,747,385
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 2,179,834,615
Data current as at 1800 AEST on June 9, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.