Hey, cutie. Just wanted to let you know that this story originally ran in our February issue, so if you like what you see, you should probably snag a hard copy ASAP. Bye!
Ok so Leap Day isn't actually a national holiday, but it should be! It's really just a thing the inventors of the Gregorian calendar—the calendar basically all humans use—did to make up for the fact that the earth does not take exactly 365 days to circle the sun (it's like 364.242, per the Britannica encyclopedia). So every 4th year we are blessed with a February 29th.
Friends, I'm thrilled to share that Leap Year 2020 happens to be a Saturday. Praise be.
If Leap Day is also your B-day, you probably have plans to celebrate your 4th, 5th, or 6th official birthday. Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! But for those in need of things to accomplish during the extra 24 hours you get this year, you're in for a damn treat.
Please behold this comprehensive, thoroughly researched list of certified EXTRA things you should do on your extra day (get it?).
- Buy cheese you can't pronounce from the good part of the store.
- Invest in a teeny-tiny tattoo literally no one can see.
- Send that double text.
- Pour a bottle of wine into a water bottle and drink it at the nail salon.
- Go engagement ring shopping regardless of your relationship status.
- Subscribe to Disney+ so you can binge Lizzie McGuire for the next month.
- Post a bikini beach pic from literally three years ago. You still look good.
- Order a second bowl of guac.
- Slide into Tyler Cameron's DMs.
- Purchase a really, really expensive vibrator in the name of self-care.
- Definitely get bangs.
- Order a venti under the name "Khaleesi" because it suits your vibe.
- Get a savory and a sweet entree at brunch.
- Pay someone to rid your ride of sad, dirty floors.
- Book a keratin treatment.
- Thank your college towels and sheets for their service and put them out of their misery.
- Convince Mom to do your taxes.
- Make out with bae at a bar like they're a hot rando.
- Unfollow that girl from high school trying to sell you shit.
- Finally organize your apps by color.
You Might Also Like