Love Island star Jack Fowler has called out Qatar Airways after he suffered a potentially deadly allergic reaction while on a flight.
The reality star and musician, who appeared on the 2018 series of the ITV2 favourite, had allegedly repeatedly warned flight attendants of a nut allergy that would send him into anaphylactic shock.
However, despite this, he was served food containing nuts twice, and one time he didn't realise until it was too late.
Taking to his Instagram account to discuss the scary incident, Fowler wrote: "I told @qatarairways hostess’s 5 times I was anaphylactic to nuts (life threatening allergy). As well as asking for reassurance when every meal was served to me, that it was nut free.
"To be given nuts TWICE is such a massive failure from @qatarairways."
"Within seconds I couldn’t [breathe] properly after eating the crushed pistachio nuts beneath my vanilla Ice cream," he wrote. "My throat closed and my tongue felt like it was swelling. I was told the vanilla ice cream was my safest option. It wasn’t.
"@qatarairways you have failed in so many ways. I’m extremely lucky. The next person might not be."
"To ALL airlines, there needs to be more done to protect the millions of people with severe dietary requirements while being a passenger on board," he concluded. "Our safety is in your hands when flying with your airline."
A spokesperson for Qatar Airways told Yahoo: "Passenger health and safety is of paramount importance to Qatar Airways and we require all passengers with severe food allergies to notify the airline no less than 48 hours in advance of flying with a completed medical information form (MEDIF) as instructed on our website.
"The airline will work with the passenger to reduce the risk of contamination but as flights are public, an allergen free environment is not guaranteed. We are aware of an issue concerning a passenger who had a reaction to nuts on board and are investigating the incident."
Thankfully, in further posts explaining the incident, Fowler said his quick realisation and reaction to prevent any medical emergency allowed the flight to carry on without being detoured.
"This is the kind of situation [that] could’ve gone soooo bad," he explained in one of the posts. "Me eating a nut in the air despite me even taking an epipen would’ve caused me to have a serious shock and quite possibly die."
Thankfully he appears to have made a complete recovery after the incident, having been taken to hospital to be checked out after landing.
In an Instagram story, he posted a photo of the waiting room, and wrote: "How have I gone from the Maldives to getting full checks in hospital?"
WATCH: Jack Fowler on his 'wild' birthday & new music plans!