Man electrocuted on roof of Sydney factory

Perry Duffin

A young man has died in front of his colleagues after touching live electrical wires on a warehouse roof in Sydney's west.

The 24-year-old man was working at Moorebank alongside four other men when the incident occurred before 2pm on Monday.

Emergency services understand the man was holding a metal pole when he brushed against electrical wires near the building and was fatally shocked.

His four co-workers were rescued from the roof with one man taken to Liverpool Hospital suffering severe burns to his legs.

The three other men were treated at the scene but not seriously injured.

The dead man's body initially remained on the roof because he couldn't be retrieved until the power was switched off.

"It was a challenging situation to reach the final patient who was still up on the roof," NSW Ambulance Inspector Andy Cullen told reporters at the scene.

"It's a distressing situation for the family and some of the responders alike."

A crime scene was established with SafeWork NSW assisting in the investigation.

A report will be prepared for the coroner.