Meghan and Harry may 'snub' Princess Beatrice's wedding

Gillian Wolski
Lifestyle & Entertainment Producer
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are set to 'snub' an upcoming royal wedding, sources say. Photo: Getty Images.

Royal bride Princess Beatrice might have two less wedding guests on her list as her cousin Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle are reportedly set to snub the 31-year-old’s upcoming nuptials on May 29.

Tensions between the Sussexes and Beatrice’s family, the Yorks, have been ‘simmering’ since the Duke and Duchess’s own wedding back in 2018 according to The Sun.

“It’s fair to say the relationship is not what it was,” a friend told The Telegraph on Monday.

Harry and Meghan’s controversial exit from the royal family earlier this year has no doubt done nothing to ease the strain between the two parties.

While another pal claimed that Harry and Meghan will ‘of course’ be invited to watch Beatrice tie the knot with her husband-to-be, 37-year-old Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, whether or not they show up is up to them.

“The trouble with Harry and Meghan is that they think they are bigger than the institution,” they revealed, adding that it’s ‘such a shame’ the way things have turned out.

Princess Beatrice and her fiancé Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are reportedly facing a 'wedding list dilemma'. Photo: Getty Images.

Royal snubs

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were previously rumoured to have stolen the spotlight at Princess Eugenie’s nuptials by announcing their baby news on the same day.

In an ironic twist, Beatrice and Edo were themselves accused of upstaging the Sussexes by announcing their September engagement while the Duke and Duchess were on an official tour of South Africa.

Sarah with bride-to-be Beatrice at daughter Eugenie's wedding to Jack Brooksbank in October, 2018. Photo: Getty Images.

Beatrice’s ‘wedding list dilemma’

In mid-February word emerged that Beatrice’s wedding plans were becoming increasingly fraught as she faced what a royal expert called a huge Sussex-shaped ‘dilemma’.

On May 29, Beatrice and her husband-to-be, 37-year-old Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, are set to tie the knot in front of an intimate group of 150 guests but are reportedly ‘worried’ about two invitees in particular: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry.

“Obviously they have to invite [Harry and Meghan], but they’re going to be worried,” royal expert Camilla Tominey said on UK morning TV show This Morning.

Beatrice and her property developer beau’s upcoming nuptials will mark the Duke and Duchess’s first joint appearance in the UK following their shock departure from the royal family in January.

It’s likely that all eyes will be on the publicity-shy pair’s every move, instead of the bride and groom on their big day.

Got a story tip or just want to get in touch? Email us at lifestyle.tips@verizonmedia.com