Buckingham Palace’s swift response to a magazine article claiming the Duchess of Cambridge is feeling ‘overworked’ since Megxit has reportedly left Meghan and Harry feeling stung over the lack of support they were given when faced with media scrutiny last year.
The royal world exploded last week when Buckingham Palace issued a rare statement, denying the claims made about Kate in a Tatler magazine article titled ‘Catherine the Great’ including that she was feeling ‘overworked’ since Megxit.
Now Kensington Palace has followed up with a shock decision to send a legal complaint on behalf of William and Kate, asking the publication to remove it from the website.
Meghan and Harry of course famously faced a storm of bad press last year, with reports of Meghan being nicknamed ‘Duchess Difficult’ and diva demands just some fo the claims published.
Now a source has reportedly told the Daily Mail that the pair have been left gobsmacked at the Palace’s swift response to Kate’s negative press after their own was ignored for so long
“Meghan said Kensington Palace never once came to her defence when she was being shredded by the media,” the source is quoted. “Now Kate gets a bit of negative press, and the Palace comes out in less than 24 hours to rebuke the claims made against her.”
The source claims Harry feels that the entire situation is a real ‘slap in the face’ after his attempts to revise the media policy and approach fell on deaf ears.
“Meghan says it’s just so telling,” the source said.
“She explained this was one of the main reasons why she and Harry said their goodbyes to royal life... the lack of support and complete disregard for the pain and anguish Meghan suffered while being crucified by the media.”
Harry and Meghan’s own bad press
Harry and Meghan’s brief time in the royal spotlight, before their sensational exit from senior royal life, was marked by a series of spars with the press.
In October 2019 the pair announced that they would take legal action against the Mail on Sunday and its parent company Associated Newspapers after it published a private letter the duchess wrote to her estranged father, Thomas Markle Sr.
Even before the pair wed, coverage of the couple in the British press in 2016 prompted Harry to issue a statement decrying the “wave of abuse and harassment” targeting his then-girlfriend Meghan.
Got a story tip or just want to get in touch? Email us at email@example.com.