A mum has shared a harrowing discovery she made about her daughter’s McDonald’s ice cream cone, moments after she licked it.
The hilarious interaction between the mum and her daughter was shared to Facebook by Georgia mum-of-two Sidney, who’s page Fire Wife Mum Life regularly shares relatable parenting moments - but her latest offering takes it to another level.
Sharing a photo of an innocent-looking ice cream cone to her page, the mum wove such a horrifying tale in the caption that not even the most hardened parent could read it without wincing.
Sidney explained that she decided to splurge and buy her daughter, Blakey, an ice- cream cone and left her to her own devices.
“Well she walks into the living room and hands me her cone (half eaten like everything I give her) and I know all you moms have been there,” she wrote.
“We as moms pretty much live off of the food our kids don’t eat so I licked it before it dripped. I notice she is standing there looking at me... I ask her: ‘what’s wrong?’,” Sidney continues.
“And she says: ‘Is it okay?!’.”
The mum felt the instant drop in her tummy at those words, uttered over an innocent wafer cone and it’s fast-melting contents, induce in any savvy toddler expert.
”At this point I’m scared b/c I don’t know what just happened. I think maybe she dropped it in her room and was scared to say. We stand there looking at each other and the ice cream cone,” she wrote.
The excruciating stand-off only came to an end when her daughter uttered the words no parent ever wants to hear: “I accidentally wiped my butt with it.”
An outpouring of horror stories
The story has gone understandably viral with over 160k likes, and thousands of comments, seeing it shared all over the world.
Apart from general expressions of horror, an avalanche of similar stories dominated the comments.
Some were slightly better, some (somehow) worse, and some too foul to be reproduced.
“My mom was watching my son when he was little, maybe 2. She snuck him cookies after I said no,” another mum divulged.
“She was quickly trying to hide the evidence when I walked in the room and licked the “chocolate” off his fingers... He had pooped and stuck his hand in his diaper.”
“Reminds me of the time when my son was little and apparently couldn’t find the toilet paper... so he used the hand towel on the counter,” another mum shared.
“Later my husband was in bathroom and picked the towel up to wipe his face!”
“I really didn't think I'd ever find a surprise to top the surprise of my three year old telling me, ‘Close ya eyes mommy, I have a s'pise f'you (sic)’, and then opening my eyes to a piece of poop wrapped in a Kleenex in the palm of my hand...” one mum said.
If there is one takeaway from the slew of stories its that what a kid offers one must never take.
That, and anything brown must be approached with caution.
Got a story tip or just want to get in touch? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or sign up to our daily newsletter here.