Queensland police have confirmed that no human remains have been found inside the salvaged trawler FV Dianne after inspecting the vessel at Bundaberg port.
Dianne was finally lifted onto dry land on Wednesday, four months after it sank off the coast of the Town of 1770 with the loss of six of the seven men on board.
Ruben McDornan was the sole survivor, while the bodies of 30-year-old Adam Hoffman and 45-year-old Ben Leahy were later located by police divers.
The remaining fishermen Eli Tonks, 39; Adam Bidner, 33; Zach Feeney, 28; and Chris Sammut, 34, are presumed to have perished.
- Bodies of missing fishermen may be on trawler brought to land
- Rescued fisherman heard mates' cries for help as they are feared dead after trawler capsizes
- Fears realised as wreck of missing trawler is found
- Powerful reunion for sole survivor of fishing trawler
Disaster Victim Identification officers scoured the wreck on Thursday and Friday, but hopes for closure for the families of the missing men was not forthcoming.
Police have recovered a number of personal items from the vessel, Senior Sergeant Glenn Cameron told 7 News on Friday.
"The circumstances of what happened to the deceased who weren't located will form part of the investigation and be forwarded to the coroner to make a determination," Snr Sgt Cameron said.
Mystery still surrounds what caused the vessel to sink on October 16 last year, with investigators also scouring the wreck for any clue as to the cause of the disaster.
Investigations are continuing.