A Royal commentator claims Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have "shot themselves in the foot" and destroyed hopes of repairing their relationship with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge following their explosive Oprah interview.
During the interview in March last year, the couple spoke candidly as no subject was "off-limits".
Megan addressed reports she had made Kate Middleton cry over flower girl dresses at her wedding, claiming they were incorrect, and in fact, Kate had made her cry.
"And I don’t say that to be disparaging to anyone because it was a really hard week of the wedding, and [Kate] was upset about something but she owned it and she apologised and she brought me flowers and a note apologising when she did," Meghan said.
"[That's] what I would do if I knew that I hurt someone, right? To just take accountability... what was shocking was [the news broke] six [or] seven months after our wedding."
Royal commentator Ian Lloyd said he believes the fraught relationship between Megan and Harry and Prince William may be beyond repair since the Duke and Duchess of Sussex spoke out in a number of interviews.
"I just can't see it happening, particularly with William," he told Express.co.uk.
"There was all this stuff about Kate and Megan crying at the wedding in the Oprah Winfrey interview.
"I think they shot themselves in the foot with William and Kate, I don't think they will get anywhere near them."
Lloyd added that the rift may only be repaired "by a long-term investment from both sides".
"It's a family and the relationship can be repaired but I think it would need a long-term investment from both sides and I think it would involve Harry spending time [in the UK] and doing things without giving interviews," he said.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will likely reunite with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the upcoming Platinum Jubilee.
A royal insider claimed Prince Harry and Meghan Markle told the Queen they didn't want to be on the Buckingham Palace balcony at her Platinum Jubilee, however, the pair did insist on attending Her Majesty's Thanksgiving Service.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will return for the four-day party to celebrate the Queen's 70 years on the throne, with the pair also bringing their children Archie, three, and Lilibet, 11 months.
While the Queen's ruling that only working royals could appear on the Buckingham Palace balcony on June 2, Harry and Meghan's friend and biographer Omid Scobie denied the pair was "cut".
Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.