Russian chances to break through in Khrakiv and Sumy oblasts estimated by military expert

Work of artillerymen of 56th separate motorized infantry brigade
Work of artillerymen of 56th separate motorized infantry brigade

Russian forces have reportedly deployed two airborne divisions near the Kharkiv and Sumy oblasts, prompting concerns about their capability to breach defenses in those regions, as discussed by military expert Pavlo Narozhnyi on Radio NV on May 7.

“Two airborne divisions are not enough for this," noted Narozhny.

"In addition, these divisions are quite shabby, that is, they were transferred from the frontlines. If they had been transferred from some area from Russia, if they had been restored and trained, it would have been a different situation. They are not capable of breaking through defense."

Read also: Russia lacks forces to open new front in Kharkiv, Ukrainian official says

He said that fortifications have been built in both Sumy and Kharkiv oblasts for quite some time:

“We laid huge minefields. So, yes, they can theoretically carry out some kind of operation, but to break through the defense, reach Kharkiv, reach Sumy - it looks fantastic at the moment.”

Russian media outlet Meduza published a story about dictator Vladimir Putin's plans to allegedly seize Kharkiv on March 26.

Read also: Russia continues terrorizing Kharkiv

Prior to that, Kharkiv Mayor Ihor Terekhov said that there was “some concern” about a possible new Russian offensive on the city, but that there were not enough resources for it.

Lieutenant General Oleksandr Pavliuk, Commander of the Ukrainian Ground Forces, said in an interview with The Times on May 3 that, according to intelligence, Russians do have a plan to capture Kharkiv or Sumy.

Read also: Ukraine's intelligence predicts Russian offensive timing in Kharkiv and Sumy

We’re bringing the voice of Ukraine to the world. Support us with a one-time donation, or become a Patron!

Read the original article on The New Voice of Ukraine