Senegalese authorities told mobile operators to suspend internet access on Tuesday and banned a silent march by activists against the postponement of this month's presidential poll. France has urged Dakar to use a "proportionate use of force" after three protestors died in clashes with security forces.
The Aar Sunu Election (Let's Protect Our Election) collective, which includes some 40 civil society and religious groups, had called for a peaceful rally in the capital Dakar on Tuesday at 1500 GMT.
Senegalese authorities banned the march, citing logistical concerns.
"We will postpone the march because we want to remain within the law," said Malick Diop, coordinator of the Aar Sunu Election collective.
Earlier on Tuesday, Senegal's government cut access to mobile internet services after "hateful and subversive" messages were circulating online, the communications ministry claimed.
Senegal has seen more than a week of protests after President Macky Sall abruptly postponed elections scheduled for 25 February.
Three young people have been killed in the violent clashes and many arrested.
It urged Senegalese authorities to investigate the killings and police brutality against protesters.
Calls for 'proportionate force'
Read more on RFI English
Ecowas president postpones Senegal visit as political crisis deepens
Protests over Senegal's delayed presidential election turn deadly
Concern, anger mount as internet and television signal cut in Senegal