TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) announced today that its people and stations have received seven Broadcasting+Cable Awards, which recognize the local television industry’s most powerful, innovative and engaging content and programming in news, public affairs and community relations. TEGNA received the most awards among local station broadcast groups in this year’s awards.
"Our purpose-driven journalism, impactful and empathetic storytelling, and talented and dedicated people are the heart and soul of TEGNA," said Lynn Beall, executive vice president and COO of media operations, TEGNA. "It’s an honor to be recognized for these achievements, and congratulations to all our winners."
TEGNA’s Broadcasting+Cable Awards winners include:
- Best Anchor (Major Market) – Lesli Foster, WUSA9, Washington, DC
- Best Anchor (Small/Midsize Market) – Kate Welshofer, WGRZ, Buffalo, New York
- Best Investigative Reporting (Major Market) – WUSA9, for their investigation of law enforcement using tear gas on peaceful protesters on June 1, 2020 in Washington, DC
- Best Breaking News Coverage (Major Market) – KARE 11, Minneapolis, Minnesota for their coverage of the George Floyd protests
- Best Late News (Major Market) – WUSA9 News at 11
- Best Sports Coverage (Major Market) – KSDK, St. Louis, Missouri for The Musial Awards
- Best Podcast – KIII, Corpus Christi, TX and TEGNA’s VAULT Studios for Selena: A Star Dies in Texas, a series on the life and death of the Tejano superstar
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
For media inquiries:
Vice President, Corporate Communications
For investor inquiries:
Head of Investor Relations