In another crazy day of parenting, a Melbourne mum has shared a disastrous encounter with a vacuum cleaner while taking care of her child.
Lifestyle and motherhood influencer, Britt Bevan, 29, was with her baby Louie when her robo-vacuum rode across her hair, with a whole heap getting caught in the wheels.
"Oh my god I’m going to have to cut my hair off,” she said in the TikTok, clearly distressed by the unlucky incident.
"You’re not going to have to cut your hair off, her partner laughs, trying to get it out while their baby sits nearby. "It’ll come out".
Social media users react to vacuum blunder
Almost 60,000 people viewed the video, shocked that something like this would happen.
"Noooooooo," one person said on TikTok.
"I'm panicking," said another.
"Lucky you weren’t scalped," a third person said.
Some questioned why she was on the floor in the first place, which Ms Bevan dismissed as clearly not understanding what it is to be a parent.
"I play on the floor with my baby," she responded. "It’s very common amongst parents".
"OMG this happened to me!" a mother said in the comments. "I have the exact same vacuum haha we rescued my hair! How did you go?"
"Please tell me this had a positive outcome," another piped in.
Despite the incident causing "pure panic" for the woman, all turned out to be well in the end.
"We saved it," she says in an update video. "My hair is completely fine. We were lucky that we could take off the wheels of the vacuum because my hair was caught in the wheel. I reckon if we weren’t able to take that off, we would’ve had to cut my hair, but I’m so glad we didn’t."
A lucky outcome indeed.
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.