Footage shows aftermath of Hackney restaurant shooting that left girl, 9, fighting for her life

Footage has emerged of the moments after a shooting at an east London restaurant that left a nine-year-old girl fighting for her life and three men also injured.

Video from the scene shows several people crowded around an outdoor seating area at the front of the restaurant in Hackney, while two men tend to one of the male victims.

Witnesses ask several times where the ambulances are, while others state that calls to emergency services have already been made.

Emotional cries can be heard in the background.

Chairs and tables are strewn around the seating area, while other people leave the indoor part of the restaurant during the clip.

The Metropolitan Police said the girl was shot by an attacker on a motorbike while having dinner with her family shortly after 9pm on Wednesday.

Three men who were sitting outside the Turkish restaurant on Kingsland High Street - aged 26, 37 and 42 - are in a stable condition.

One of them "potentially faces life-changing injuries", said Detective Chief Superintendent James Conway.

Police said the girl was eating inside Evin restaurant at the time and don't believe she knew the other victims.

A stolen motorbike thought to have been used in the shooting was later found about a quarter of a mile away in Colvestone Crescent.

Forensics officers have been carrying out a search outside a church there.

A witness said he was "stunned" after seeing a man on the floor following the shooting.

Ayo Adesina, 40, who owns Aso Rock Restaurant, which is about 80 metres from the incident, said he heard a series of loud noises which he believes were five or six gunshots.

"At the time I thought it was just a car. I looked at the road and I could see there was a whole crowd of people," he said.

"I got on an e-bike and went up there and saw a man on the floor who wasn't moving."

Mr Adesina described the incident as "crazy".

"It's a high street where, especially in the summertime, people sit outside - whoever did this is very reckless," he said.

"People are walking up and down that high street - I've been to that restaurant with my family.

"It's a local place and very popular in the summer. The only saving grace is that it didn't happen on a Friday or Saturday night because it's even busier. It was crazy and everyone was stunned."

Mr Adesina also added that at least 25 or 30 police cars were at the scene.

At Evin, plates of food and half-drunk beers were still on tables on Thursday morning, Sky correspondent Rachael Venables reported.

Officers were "keeping an open mind" as to the motive and were keen to talk to anybody who was in the area around the scene at the time of the shooting.

Meanwhile, London mayor Sadiq Khan said: "This appalling violence has no place on our streets and I am in close contact with Met leaders about the steps they are urgently taking to bring those responsible to justice and to reassure the local community."