Meghan Markle left out of Queen's birthday tribute

Sarah Carty
Senior Lifestyle & Entertainment Producer
Fans claim Kate Middleton and Prince William snubbed Meghan Markle in their latest Instagram post. Photo: Getty Images

It’s been a big weekend for the royal family, who stepped out for an Easter service and celebrated the birthdays of the Queen and Prince Louis.

However, while many royal fans claimed Prince Harry and Prince William snubbed each other at the church service, it seems the Duke of Sussex might not be the only one in the Cambridges’ bad books, as people have noticed Meghan Markle had been left out from an official Instagram snap on their page.

Kensington Palace posted a tribute to the Queen on her 93rd birthday yesterday, with the caption: ‘Wishing a very happy 93rd birthday to Her Majesty The Queen!’

The picture accompanying the snap showed Prince William and Kate Middleton beaming with their children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte on the royal balcony for the Trooping the Colour in 2016.

They can be seen standing alongside the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Harry for the big day.


However, fans wondered why the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge didn’t use a photo from the most recent Trooping the Colour, where the whole family – including Meghan Markle – were in attendance.

“Interesting how #kensingtonroyal choose a photo without Meghan in it,” one fan said.

“Interesting choice of photo… almost like you looking for trouble. Is there not enough rumours and speculation going around. Why add fuel to the fire?,” another commenter said.

However, others were quick to point out that Clarence House and Sussex Royals’ Instagram accounts all posted photos online of them alone with the Queen.

“Prince Harry’s account had posted pictures without Princess Kate, and the couple doesn’t even live in the Kensington palace anymore so please respect the choice of a photo in this account without any bias,” one person said.

“Stop whining about Meghan not being in this pic. 1) It’s the Queen’s Birthday, not Meghan’s. 2) It’s an old photo… look how little George and Charlotte are!” another royal fan said.

It comes after it was revealed Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly considering ‘fleeing the UK’ in favour of Hollywood. Photo: Getty Images

The post came just one day after it was claimed Prince William reportedly wants Harry and Meghan sent on a multi-year assignment to Africa in a bid to keep the spotlight firmly fixed on his own family.

The explosive claims follow reports the Duke and Duchess are being pegged for a ‘bespoke’ role on the continent, and seemingly never ending rumours of a rift between the royal couples.

“In some ways it would suit William to get his brother out of the country for a few years and Meghan as far away as possible,” a friend of the princes told The Sunday Times.

“They sent them down to Frogmore to try and keep them out of the limelight for a bit (but) this is doomed to fail. They are worried that Harry and Meghan are going to establish a totally separate enterprise that nobody can get under control.”

“There are discussions in palace circles about how do we harness Harry and Meghan and this tremendous global attention they get,” the friend added.

The proposed new role would see Harry and Meghan posted somewhere in Africa as early as 2020 – after they established deep ties to the region in recent years.

Got a story tip? Send it to lifestyle.tips@verizonmedia.com

Want more lifestyle and celebrity news? Follow Yahoo Lifestyle on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Or sign up to our daily newsletter here.