Prince Harry is seeking a judicial review after the UK Home Office denied his request to pay for police protection for his family during UK visits.
The Mirror reports that the Prince of Wales wants to spend quality time with his youngest son's family and is yet to meet his granddaughter Lilibet, aged seven months. The last time he saw his grandson Archie, two, was when the tot was just six months old. Neither Markle nor Archie have returned to the UK since they left in 2020.
A statement released by Prince Harry's legal spokesperson on Saturday, June 15 addressing the Sussexes' safety risk in the UK, read: 'The UK will always be Prince Harry’s home and a country he wants his wife and children to be safe in. With the lack of police protection, comes too great a personal risk.
'Prince Harry hopes that his petition — after close to two years of pleas for security in the UK — will resolve this situation.'
When news came to light of Prince Harry plans to seek a judicial review in relation to his family's security, a royal representative told Harper's Bazaar that the Duke of Sussex wants to take his wife and two children to the UK, but doesn't feel able to as a result of increased personal threats.
𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆: Prince Harry has applied for a judicial review of a Home Office decision not to allow him to personally pay for police protection for himself and his family when they are in the UK, a legal representative for the Sussexes confirms.
— Omid Scobie (@scobie) January 15, 2022
Talks of a family reunion between the royals, Prince Harry and Markle - who announced they were stepping back from their senior royal roles in January 2020 before their move to the US - were said to have been addressed by Prince Charles ahead of Christmas last year.
A source told The Mirror: 'The Prince of Wales has been saddened that he hasn’t had the opportunity to spend time with his grandchildren, which he really does miss.
'This is something he is hoping to remedy which is why he made the gesture for Harry, Meghan and the children to stay with him if they wanted to, whenever they may come home for a period of time.'
At present, it's unknown whether Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Archie and Lilibet will be able to attend the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in June.
Prince Harry, who attended his late grandfather's Prince Philip's memorial service in April last year, lost his tax-payer funded security at the time he and Markle resigned from their senior royal duties.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex now privately fund their security in the US.
You Might Also Like