Advertisement

Two men plead guilty to extreme body modifications plot

Two men have admitted being part of an extreme body modifications plot allegedly involving removing and cutting male genitals and posting videos of the procedures on a lucrative "eunuch maker" website.

Warning: The following article contains graphic details of extreme physical mutilation

David Carruthers, 61, and Janus Atkin, 37, from Newport in Gwent, pleaded guilty on Thursday at the Old Bailey to conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm between 2016 and 2022.

Judge Mark Lucraft KC adjourned sentencing to 4 and 5 March alongside other co-conspirators.

The charge against them alleged the conspiracy involved castration by clamping, the insertion of needles into genitals, and the removal and cutting of penises and testicles.

Previously, the ringleader, Marius Gustavson, 46, of Haringey, north London, had admitted a string of charges at the Old Bailey.

Ten men were previously arrested after police raids in London, Scotland and South Wales.

The wide-ranging conspiracy is said to have involved up to 29 offences of extreme body modifications on 13 victims, as well as the removal and trade of body parts.

The procedures were allegedly filmed and uploaded to the "eunuch maker" website Gustavson ran, and subscribers paid to watch.

The men are said to have been part of a society in which people willingly undergo extreme body modification.

The practice is linked to a subculture where men become "nullos" - short for genital nullification - by having their penis and testicles removed.

Six other men have previously admitted to their roles in the extreme body modifications plot.